Saturday, September 4, 2010

Welcome to Sunny Southern California

Hey guys! So ever since I moved back to Arizona last year, I was looking for a way to move back.  I really missed Kris, and long distance relationships are not terrible, but definitely not easy.  So I decided to move back and work for Disney again.  I moved back August 18th.  I got a one bedroom apartment, and I share that with 2 other girls (there's a bunkbed, but thank God I got the twin bed).  My roommates are very nice, Hannah works as a cashier in The Stage Door Cafe, and Laurie works in merchandise in The Emporium.  I am a Host in Red Rocket's Pizza Port.  So far I don't love my job, but it would be a rare thing to find an entry level job at Disneyland that is amazing. 
My first week here I went to Traditions, which is where they teach us the history and details of the Walt Disney Company.  It's pretty much just 8 hours of sitting in an auditorium and listening to people talk about Disney. It's nice that it's a full paid day of work for doing basically nothing, but it's also extremely boring.  I met some really great people so far, and I think that this round at the Disney College Program is going to be pretty awesome.
Training went well.  We only had 3 days of training, which taught us the necessities of working at Pizza Port.  We learned how to close the beverage island, which is called Bev Tech. We also learned how to close the pasta station, and how to make all of the salads, serve the pastas, and cut the pizzas into 7 equal slices... it's easier said than done.  I haven't been getting great hours so far, about 30 hours a week, but I should be getting more in the following weeks.  I'll update in more detail later. Until then, I hope everyone that reads this is having a great begining of their school year, and life is treating you well. :)

1 comment: